Stuffed Pork Chops with Cranberry Stuffing
Stuffed Pork Chops with Cranberry Stuffing were something special Patti dreamed…Literally she had a dream about these. We went to the local butcher and told him what she had in mind. He came up with these chops that were almost 4 inches thick and sweet and tender on their own. Then, Patti made a cranberry stuffing and a zesty cranberry sauce.
All I can say is “OH MY”, these were so good that you could serve them for any special occasion and everyone will sing praises.
Using a Sharp Knife Cut a Slit in the Pork Chops
Spoon the stuffing into the chop
In the Smoke
- 4 double thick pork chops, bone-in
- 1 bag stuffing cubes, seasoned
- ¾ stick butter
- 1 C. celery, chopped
- 1 C. onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Country Bob’s Seasoning Salt
- 2 C. chicken broth
- 1 can of cranberry sauce (we like the whole berry)
- 1 C. dried cranberries
- 1 C. red wine
- 3 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce
- Sauté veggies in butter. Add seasonings, broth and stuffing, stir to mix.
- With a sharp knife cut a slit in the pork chop. Patti likes the bone in so she knows when to stop cutting. Make your cut all the way back to the bone. Make as large a pocket you can for the stuffing. Spoon the stuffing into the chop.
- Turn on you pellet grill/smoker to desired smoke temp or setting. Place everything directly onto the grill and just let it hang out in the smoke and get happy for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, turn the digital control up to 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- When the meat reaches an internal temp around 130 pull it off. Cover it and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. This will be medium rare. Keep in mind that the meat will continue cooking for another 10 degrees after you pull it off the grill. So for medium pull it at 140 and overdone 160.
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until it thickens.
- Apply the sauce the last 5 minutes on the grill and again before serving.
*Recipe courtesy of Ken with Date Night DoinsBBQ Chicken Wings Cowboy Casserole