World’s Greatest Burger Video
Sometimes simple is the best. Today we made simple cheeseburgers that turned out to be the World’s Greatest Burgers. All you need is good beef, good cheese and a grill, you just can’t go wrong. You don’t even have to have a good grill to be a star with this one. But, it’s always a good idea.
The Country Bob Boys partnered with Smokin Brothers, Inc and we were itching to give the Premier 30 Wood Pellet Grill a good test. So we fired it up and made this recipe for our guys here at the plant. Did I mention that it was 9 degrees out side? The Smokin Brother’s grill didn’t care with it’s insulated fire box.
- 4 lbs. ground sirloin, or 80/20
- 1 cup Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce[/url]
- ¾ cup beef broth
- ⅔ cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbl Country Bob’s Seasoning Salt
- Buns of choice
- Mix the beef, onion, broth, Country Bob's Seasoning Salt and Country Bob’s Sauce in a bowl.
- Make your patties either by hand or use a press. Tonight we did it by hand.
- Then put the patties back into the fridge until you are ready to put them on. (You grill hamburger COLD, the patties hold together better. Unlike steak, that goes on at room temp so it cooks more evenly.)
Set the digital control up to 350 degrees. When the grill comes up to temperature put the meat onto the center of the grill and cook until you reach your desired doneness. For big burgers like this I like to give them about 10 minutes a side. This will be about medium.
Hit them with a little more sauce, add the cheese and close the lid, the cheese will melt in a minute or so.
Preparing Grill: Medium Indirect Heat
Preheat your grill to medium heat (300 - 350) and turn off one side so you will be cooking with indirect heat. Add your wet hickory chips over the fire and oil the grill. A cooking spray is easiest for this. (
Preparing Charcoal Grill: Medium Indirect Heat
Get the Grill ready, you will want your temperature of around 300-350 degrees. Remember, you are going high heat here for about 10 minutes. Bank your coals over to one side of your grill. Add your “drained wood chips” and you are good to go. Your cooking times and temps will be the same as above.
SuperBowl Appetizers Apple Chipotle Glazed Ham